Paddling Day ICU Liffey Centre
Driving from Dollymount : Go straight into town along South quays to Heuston station. Cross the bridge back over the Liffey and drive along Coyningham road. Keep going straight with The Phoenix park on your right and the Liffey on your left. Past all the Rowing clubs until you come to Chapelizod. Take a right turn through Chapelizod Village and follow the road up Knockmaroon Hill .At the top veer left and follow the road down and along the river for about a mile and you will see the centre on your left. Almost the only building on this side of the road. It should only take about 40 minutes on a Sunday morning.
Cubs need to bring:
- Wetsuit if they have one
- Cag/windcheater if they have one
- Bouyancy Aid if they have one
- Swimming togs
- Shoes/bootees which can get wet(not too bulky)
- A couple of layers of clothes. Light fleece top
- Light trousers/leggings(not Jeans)
- Complete change of clothes for afterwards
- Towel/shampoo etc.
- several light layers are better than one heavy layer .
- better to have too many clothes than too few
- small snacks for energy boost